8 September: 1. Tapestry Weaver No 26 is now out, 2. Open Studios in Hertfordhire, 3. ATW News, 4. Selvedge
1. Tapestry Weaver No 26 is now out
If you are still waiting for the post, remember you can see it online at Tapestry Weaver in the Members’ area
2. Open Studios in Hertfordhire
Lucy Sugden, BTG member is taking part in the open studios …
7th -29th September
Baldock Arts and Heritage Centre is hosting Hertfordshire Open Studios this September with Four artists exhibiting and working in the BAHC Gallery.
Baldock Arts and Heritage Centre
The Old Town Hall
Presenting the artists:
• Dawn Dominic – makes figurative and abstract carvings and works in clay and mixed media, inspired by folklore, the female form and emotions.
• Lucy Sugden – a tapestry weaver using traditional and contemporary techniques and materials. Inspired by the beauty & intricacy in the small and the delicate in nature.
• Mike Rollins – paints atmospheric rural and urban landscape paintings in a variety of media, exploring the blurred lines between the past and present.
• Paul Hillary – paints figurative abstracts and semi abstract expressive land and seascapes in oils and acrylic.
The exhibition runs from the 7th September to the 29th September. During this time the Gallery will be operating extended opening hours: Wednesday and Friday 10am – 2pm, and Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm.
At least one artist will be working in the gallery during open hours and will be available to talk about their work and or demonstrate. Lucy will also have looms available so people can have a go at weaving. There will be different demonstrations and activities happening throughout the month, please contact the Gallery for further info.
Lucy is also featured in Septembers edition of Hertfordshire Life magazine.
3. ATW News
ARTIST IN RESIDENCE 2020 CALL OUT
Applications close Monday 7 October at 5pm
Find out more at: https://www.austapestry.com.au/whats-on/2020-artists-in-residence
Do have a look at the whole newsletter and scroll down to MULYANA FINGER CROCHETING WORKSHOP where you will see a lovely image (crochet, I know! but gorgeous anyway).
See the newsletter at: https://mailchi.mp/austapestry/atw-news-june-987701?e=b52803ebd6
Newsletter No. 34
Cos Ahmet almost didn’t study art. But once he came to the realisation that art was the one thing…
Read the story: https://www.selvedge.org/blogs/selvedge/three-dimensions
Creativity And Interpretation.
This summer, the Michelangelo Foundation welcomed young artisans and…
Read newsletter 34 at: https://mailchi.mp/selvedge/selvedge-newsletter-no-177385?e=b4676973e5
Newsletter No. 33
Divinity In Form.
OKUNOREN is one of the most celebrated Nigerian designers of our time. From their home in…
Textiles are cherished and admired throughout the world for their aesthetic, sensual and functional…
Read newsletter 33 at: https://mailchi.mp/selvedge/selvedge-newsletter-no-177377?e=b4676973e5