Welcome to The British Tapestry Group
Welcome to our website where we will show you what we have to offer. We are an enthusiastic and growing organisation whose aims are to:
- Raise the profile of woven tapestry as an art form
- Increase awareness of the process and scope of woven tapestry
- Provide a support and communication network for artists working in woven tapestry
- Circulate information about exhibitions, events and commissions
- Offer opportunities for exhibiting in both national and regional exhibitions
- Provide information about weavers who teach and those who welcome visitors
Review: Coastal Matters - review by Sally ReckertJane Riley - Solo tapestry and ceramics Kirkleatham Museum, Redcar 2 July to 30 September 2022 Review by Sally Reckert, July 2022 Ivi Fox, a local visitor, commented: “I am interested in industrial remains, and looking through this exhibition highlighted for me the importance of documenting our national story in a way that not only monumentalises past industrial achievements but also honours the hot, sweaty, back-breaking toil of past generations...
Blog: How to price tapestries for sale?I am a fairly new weaver with ambitions to improve my weaving skills, to exhibit and, hopefully, to sell my tapestries. I appreciate immensely that if I am stuck on something technical I can usually find an answer via the excellent resources available to me on tapestry weavers’ websites, on online tutorials; and in books and magazines...