Welcome to The British Tapestry Group
Welcome to our website where we will show you what we have to offer. We are an enthusiastic and growing organisation whose aims are to:
- Raise the profile of woven tapestry as an art form
- Increase awareness of the process and scope of woven tapestry
- Provide a support and communication network for artists working in woven tapestry
- Circulate information about exhibitions, events and commissions
- Offer opportunities for exhibiting in both national and regional exhibitions
- Provide information about weavers who teach and those who welcome visitors
Review: Weaving Water, Woven LandExhibition hosted by BTG Scottish Region at Farfield Mill, Cumbria from 30 October 2019 Reviewer Margaret Parker Farfield Mill has several gallery spaces and the BTG exhibition occupied a light, airy room on the second floor with plenty of space to move around, though not quite enough for just sitting and taking in the atmosphere of the weavings...
Exhibition: Window on WeavingPROVISIONALLY re-scheduled for May 2021 (dates will be confirmed closer to the time). The exhibition is organised by BTG SE, and the BTG London Group have been invited to participate. The work exhibited is an expression, both of the diversity of the weavers who created the pieces on display, as well as demonstrating the vast potential of the techniques involved...
Artist of the day: Eleonora Budden
A challenge is my inspiration. I often have ideas quite ‘outside the box’, so I ponder on how I could turn it into something tangible. At first, I tried to take on something new or different in every project. Then, as I discovered a theme to my work, I began to develop a more planned approach. I have always made samplers, not just for colours, but ideas. Some of these I treasure just as much as the larger project.
Most of my work until recently had been figurative. I like to think my fingers are telling a story as they weave the different colour threads into a picture.