Welcome to The British Tapestry Group
Welcome to our website where we will show you what we have to offer. We are an enthusiastic and growing organisation whose aims are to:
- Raise the profile of woven tapestry as an art form
- Increase awareness of the process and scope of woven tapestry
- Provide a support and communication network for artists working in woven tapestry
- Circulate information about exhibitions, events and commissions
- Offer opportunities for exhibiting in both national and regional exhibitions
- Provide information about weavers who teach and those who welcome visitors
News: Tapestry CelebrationsThe British Tapestry Group is inviting all tapestry weavers to ‘celebrate’ your ‘End of Year’ festivities with us by weaving a small tapestry with your chosen theme. These will be shown in a specific Gallery on the BTG Website so anybody who visits the website can share the joy, be motivated towards a colourful Festive Season and give a happiness boost towards the New Year...
Exhibition: Window on WeavingThe exhibition is organised by BTG SE, and the BTG London Group have been invited to participate. The work exhibited is an expression, both of the diversity of the weavers who created the pieces on display, as well as demonstrating the vast potential of the techniques involved...
Artist of the day: Ros WilsonI have been designing and weaving tapestries for 17 years and enjoy exploring colour blending and surface textures.
I travelled to Peru in 2014 to study with master weaver Máximo Laura and incorporate many of his techniques in my own unique designs.
My work has been exhibited nationally and is featured in the book ‘Tapestries’ by Rosita Sheen (ISBN-13 9781784423834).
From my studio in Hickling, Norfolk, I run several tapestry workshops a year for a maximum of 6 people at a time.